Today FM Show Pages: Dempsey | D'arcy | Foley | Fenton | Last Word | McCloone | TodayFM.com

At the Cois Fharraige Festival the other weekend I got one of these sexy beasts:


It's the Sony Ericsson W880i. And I feel like I'm cheating on my Nokia 6230i.

Since I got my first Nokia eight years ago, I've been unable to train myself to text using the several phones I've had since. I've had a Samsung, a Panasonic, a Motorola, even a damn sexy HTC TyTn, but I've always had to abandon them because Nokia manage to suck you into a text-predictive dependancy which means you CAN NEVER send a text message from any phone but a Nokia.

But SE seem to have cracked it. I'm doing okay.

It's very slim, comes with a gig of music space, and has a 2mp camera on the back with a wee vga on the front. The battery's not great but you'll have that with the tiny phones.

Pretty cool is it's panasonic (edit: panoramic - duh!) photo option that allows you to take three pics side-by-side that it'll stick together for you in a very long shot... I know most cameras do this, but it's a first in a phone for me.

So, here's the result: it's where I work.

Pres 1 Studio, Today FM, 124 Upper Abbey St Dublin 1, at around 2PM on Thursday 20th September 2007:




Click on it for details. That's JP in the middle. My toybox is on the left. We actually make quite a mess when you look at it, don't we?

Ray

9 Comments:

  1. Fergal said...
    ANOTHER GADGET, BUT AT LEAST IT WAS FREE, IT WAS FREE WASN'T IT? YOUR RIGHT ABOUT NOKIA. I WILL PROBABLY NEVER BUY ANY OTHER MAKE OF PHONE, THEY'RE JUST SO EASY TO USE. USING ANOTHER PHONE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ONE THOSE AULD ONES WHO GET THEIR FIRST PHONE AT 75 AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!!!
    Joe said...
    Judging by the write up I'd say it was free alright!

    It's just a stop gap until you get your iPhone isn't it though?
    Ray said...
    Totally free.

    You people know me too well.
    Kevin Tierney said...
    You know you can publish right to blogspot with that phone too. Yes from your phone.

    Just thought id let you know
    James said...
    Panoramic photo option Ray not Panasonic you clown!!!
    Niall O'Keeffe said...
    I work in a mobile phone store and I've played with that phone - it's incredibly cool... but can't understand how they managed to leave out an FM RADIO! (Sheesh...)

    What network are you using it on anyway?
    Ray said...
    Dude, trust me - there's nothing worth listening to on FM these days...

    I'm a Vodafone customer.
    Eric said...
    I had an SE W550i.The 1 that swivelled and had an orange cover.That was a cool phone but the memory was crap!
    No slot for a card.The new SE's are cool but they can be a bit odd to use at times!
    I went back to Nokia 6 months ago and treated myself to an N73.The best phone I have had by far!!!!
    The only problem is the battery but with all the stuff crammed onto the phone, u can see why it doesnt last very long!
    Long live Nokia!and kudos to our Finnish friends for making them soooooo cool!
    (Although I cant wait to get an iPhone)
    Plastic Retriever said...
    Of course you should feel guilty about cheating on your Nokia. No Finn would look at you right after dallying with a Swede.

Post a Comment