Today FM Show Pages: Dempsey | D'arcy | Foley | Fenton | Last Word | McCloone | TodayFM.com

oh, god, yes…

Several months back, we got a song in from a group/artist/outfit known as Pendulum.

I had heard of them a few years ago – I loved their tune, Slam – especially the video for it.

Anyway, they released this new song, Propane Nightmares and prior to the release it landed on my desk. I listened to it, and thought it was the biggest bag of shite I’d ever heard, so we didn’t play it.

Then the day before yesterday I was in HMV and they had a rocky/dance tune blaring on their speakers. I wasn’t really paying attention until I found myself nodding/tapping along and thinking “this is good, what the hell is it?” And I realized: It’s that song.

And now I can’t get enough of it. It’s on repeat on the iPod ever since.

JP utterly hates it, so it won’t be on the radio.

Ray

12 Comments:

  1. ciara meehan said...
    Hey Ray check out the PM on bebo i sent you...Class band them!
    bigtoeknee said...
    funny that... I don't remember you changing the name
    Of the show to "The JP G*******e show"....???
    If you like it play it!!!!
    McAuley said...
    I'm with JP on this one.

    A LOT going on in that song. Sounds like a theme for a cheesey Japanese cartoon. Lazy Radio!
    basquille said...
    Quite like it too Foley sir.

    Catchy stuff!
    Mark Henry said...
    Ray, i did the same thing exactly last month. Never liked it and thought it was crap. Now like you said its on repeat on me ipod, CHOON!
    Adrian Shanahan said...
    In a word....

    SHITE
    Karen said...
    fad man! di nininininini ni fad man!! are you going to get an outfit with tights?? you mean to say you like it coz you heard it in a store??I know sometimes you have to hear a song alot before you like it :P plus if ya like it play it...I agree!
    Ray said...
    Why wouldn't I like it if I heard it in a store? It'd be the same principle as liking it if I heard it on the radio, in a film, or at a party: hear it, like it or dislike it.

    Re: playing it - it's not a dictatorship... all the time. JP has a voice too. And it's a bit wild for lunchtimes on Today FM, no?
    JJ_Irl said...
    Thank God for JP, because in complete honesty I would turn off the radio if you played that. I imagine its similar to the music they play in Guantanamo to wake up the residents, and then leave it on repeat for the day.

    If a song could give you epilepsy, this may be it.
    ID please! said...
    great song!! :) play it i say...wake people up a bit...introduce it as the new single by Will Young, new direction and all that!
    Paul said...
    Foley it is a class tune i normally dont like them bands
    Shauna said...
    I like it. I think they play it on an ad.

    Ok, I really only like the upbeat bit in the middle. I can picture myslef dancing to it. And by dancing I mean that jogging on the spot dance....

Post a Comment