Today FM Show Pages: Dempsey | D'arcy | Foley | Fenton | Last Word | McCloone | TodayFM.com

email bag...

Following part one in our series of daft people who email the show, we're delighted to present part two. From Yvonne.

From: yvonne xxx [mailto:yvonne.xxx@xxx.com]

Posted At: 05 February 2010 12:12
Posted To: Foley
Conversation: Your show sucks!
Subject: Your show sucks!

Dear ray,

Myself and my colleagues changed the radio channel here in our office this week from 2FM to Today FM. I have to say that your show is extremely irritating between 12 and 2.30. Almost enough to make us change back to 2FM! Please play some decent music and enough of the dier chit chat between you and your co-presenter.

Yours sincerely,

Yvonne XXX

-----------------------

From: Ray Foley [mailto:foley@todayfm.com]

Posted At: 05 February 2010 14:42
Posted To: Foley
Conversation: Re: Your show sucks!
Subject: Re: Your show sucks!

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you for your email, and apologies for the delay in replying. We’ve spent the last two hours debating the meaning of the word “dier”.

It’s a statistical fact that only morons listen to 2FM. So you really should never have switched in the first place.

Yours,

Ray Foley

-----------------------

From: yvonne xxx [mailto:yvonne.xxx@xxx.com

Posted At: 06 February 2010 15:56
Posted To: Foley
Conversation: Re: Your show sucks!
Subject: Re: Your show sucks!

Dear Ray,

I have already made the switch back to 2Fm where I can continue to enjoy QUALITY experienced DJ's.

I found your response to my e-mail very sarcastic, immature and unprofessional. Cleary a case of sour grapes on your part!

I look forward to sharing my 'Ray Foley/Today FM' experience with at least 10 people. I'm quite sure that the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland may be interested in hearing about my experience also. I'll be sure to forward them our e-mail correspondence.

Yours etc.
Yvonne xxx

-----------------------

From: Ray Foley [mailto:foley@todayfm.com]

Posted At: 06 February 2010 18:33
Posted To: Foley
Conversation: Re: Your show sucks!
Subject: Re: Your show sucks!

Dear Yvonne,

Once again, apologies for the delay in replying to you. Your last email had such a profound effect on me that I've spent the time since then considering your perception of me, my show, my performance, that of my co-presenter, and especially the “sarcastic, immature, unprofessional sour grapes” contents of my reply email to you. It is only upon that considered reflection that I can accede that your initial email entitled “Your Show Sucks!” was intended as a mature, reasoned cogitation on the nature of afternoon radio in Ireland today, and not the stupid, bitchy rant I initially took it to be.

After consideration, I must now confess that what I said in my last email to you was completely wrong and I should never have sent it. That’s because it’s not a “statistical fact” that only morons listen to 2FM. It’s only a widely-held belief - and I should never have presented it as fact. In fact when you think about it, if all the morons were listening to 2FM, who'd be listening to 98?

I can, however, assure you that it is a statistically proven fact that the only time a 2FM DJ has ever “experienced quality” is when he’s listening to Today FM.

I look forward to sharing my 'Yvonne/XXX' experience with at least... eleven people. I'm quite sure that the misguided eleven dweebs who read my blog every day should get a kick out of it if nothing else. Those poor dumb bastards are so braindead from random YouTube clips and pictures of me with D-list celebrities they’ll be positively ecstatic when they see a bit of text. They might even be able to read it! That’s www.rayfoley.net.

Yours,

Ray Foley

PS: I'd say the Broadcasting Complaints Commission might be the place you're looking for? www.bcc.ie

PPS: Since you're online, I was wondering: would you consider voting for me in the Meteor Irish Music Awards? All the details are on the website: www.meteormusicawards.meteor.ie. Thanks!

14 Comments:

  1. Seán said...
    her grammar was awful.

    "Myself and my colleagues changed the radio channel here in our office this week from 2FM to Today FM."

    it should be my colleagues and I
    Matt said...
    jessus i was wondering for about 5 minutes why Yvonne signed off her email to ray with x's....then i realized its for confidentiality

    Or shes just an over emotional wagon
    Ray said...
    I love the line:

    "Your show is extremely irritating between 12 and 2.30. Almost enough to make us change back to 2FM!"

    Almost. But "extremely irritating" still isn't enough. God, 2FM isn't that bad is it?
    Matt said...
    For the next one try get them reaaaaal riled up, take issue with everything they say and correct their grammar!

    It always works when people leave the weirdest bitchiest comments on YouTube to eachother
    Blunder said...
    Ok now.
    Fergal said...
    ray your like old famous butter........... legen-dairy!!!!
    Sinéad said...
    Well done good sir! I applaude you!

    What did she think that she would achieve by emailing you that? You're hardly going to apologise

    Bravo King Foley!
    CD said...
    Ray,

    I just love the way these brain dead losers always threaten people who have different taste to them, they are so tolerant aren't they?

    Why doesn't yvonne just change the station if she dislikes it so much instead of telling daddy? She'd be well at home working for Stalin and his thought police if he were still alive.

    F off yvonne, and you can quote me on that.

    Ciaran Daly
    Kate said...
    Great work, very David Thorne. http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html
    Mark said...
    Foley this i why i love your show..you irritate people i work with aswell..i no that is hard to believe that people do not like you..but i just turn the radio up a bit more..and hail the king that is the Foley show..
    Maura said...
    Quality Ray, your last email to her was just quality. Tip of the hat to you sir.
    Darren said...
    Nice work. I briefly wondered if your replies had been written by Dr.Greg House...
    Ray said...
    Ah lads, just reading back over that now and I really am a right prick. The poor woman was probably just having a bad day. I nearly feel bad. Nearly. But it was great craic to write.

    Anyway, we'll move onto something else now and you dweebs can have something else to read tomorrow.

    Foley out.
    David said...
    haha that was so funny.
    Only just read Yvonne's rant.

    I love the way Irish people think they can just tell someone 'hey your'e shite' and then get annoyed when they're told 'yeah, well your'e a nut'.

    besides 'immature, unprofessional, sarcastic' are these not the foundations of success the Foley show was built on.
    Maybe 2FM should try it for a while!!

Post a Comment