Today FM Show Pages: Dempsey | D'arcy | Foley | Fenton | Last Word | McCloone | TodayFM.com

hulu…

I’ve been watching a lot of American telly in the past week via Hulu, America’s closest cousin to the BBC’s iPlayer. Pretty much all of the major networks are there (‘cept for CBS) and you can subscribe to your favourite shows, which will just add themselves to your queue as soon as they’re aired stateside.

For more, see www.hulu.com and get the Hulu desktop application.

You’ll need to do a bit of dicking around with VPNs before you get the full value of the service. I’ve paid for my VPN from the site UK Proxy Server. But shop around - I just picked the first site I landed on. I’m told Hotspot Shield is a free option. I’m sure you’ll find more if you Google around a bit.

Anyway, tonight I’ve been watching how totally random the quality control seems to be on the extremely hit-and-miss Saturday Night Live. Coming from outside the US, I’ve always been given the impression that SNL is the international big daddy of sketch comedy. Not so. Even some of the weaker BBC stuff trumps it.

Take, for example the opening monologue from last week’s show, fronted by Jennifer Lopez. Ignore the awful opening Haiti parody sketch and skim on to her monologue at 5.38

But Zach Galafianakis had a pop at it this week. And he was just gold. Imagine being Vampire Weekend? Poor bastards. Skim in 6.50

And the video that made me cry laughing tonight – the end scene is spectacular:


Jimmy Kimmel Handsome Club - Watch more Funny Videos

Ray

5 Comments:

  1. Matt said...
    Foley, TGS is the big daddy of sketch comedy!!
    Ray said...
    Tennis night. Booya!
    sean said...
    off the point totally mr f but where can we see a pic of laura byrne u have me driven mad with how hot she is, just wana check have we the same taste in the ladies
    Stephen said...
    Foley, if ya like watching shows online, just go to www.ch131.com or google "project free tv". There's pretty much everything on them.
    Sister Lovers said...
    wat zip code did u give dem foley?


    There's no-one bolder than the folder!

Post a Comment